Monday, January 05, 2009

Morning pages, 1-5-08, 9:06 AM

I don't want to spend too much time at this because it will throw my daily schedule off.  I want to stick to my early morning light dose and exercises and try to attack what needs most to be done early on.  But since one of the priorities of the new year is writing, I want to do quick morning pages to get me in the mood and to clear my mind for more important stuff.

Though it seems that starting right off revising poems or something might be a more productive use of my time.  It is sunny and bright out and I want to go out for my morning constitutional as soon as possible.  I have a hard time knowing which of the priorities I have should be first.  First things first, but which are the most firstest things?  Health?  Writing?  Healing?  Exercise, writing, light dose?  Cleaning?  Help!  I don't really KNOW how to prioritize and if I don't know that at 62 1/2, when will I?

I love seeing sunshine, we get so little of it at this time of year. Mostly it is cloudy.  Yesterday all day it was dismally dark, light twilight, and in the morning, freezing rain.

9:14  AM  If cleaning and chores etc were at all times to be more important than writing, writing would never occur.  Same with health issues.  There's needs to be a way to divide the time, a schedule.  Some sort of flexible schedule, because as soon as one is made, a problem occurs that conflicts with it.  I need:

  • time to write, time to send things out
  • time to eat
  • time to sleep
  • time to walk or run or bike or ski etc ("aerobics")
  • time to spend with Keith and Graham (family time)(and one to one romantic time)
  • social time, community time
  • time to clean
  • health time:  light dose, exercises, doctoring, tests, mammogram, etc
  • art
  • recreation
  • shower etc, basic personal maintenance (this takes longer than it used to!)
  • chores and tasks
  • spiritual time, spiritual practice, dream time

I have to go back and look at that pie diagram I made.  OK, I am out of time for now.  I will have to continue this later.  AK!  It is hard to think in bits.  But I must go.

No comments: