Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cricket Tim, What I had for Dinner

Thursday August 9, 2007,  8:22 PM

Cricket Time

                It's dark and warm and the crickets and singing their sweet summer cadence, rising and falling and jingling like summer jingle bells.  I'm out walking.  When I was walking earlier, the cicada were singing, a loud raucous din.  It was a diurnal sound to this softer noctural one.  I wanted to stay louttside and listen for the change from one to the other.  One would tink that since I'm 61 years old, I would have heard that transition, but if I have, I cannot recall it at the moment.

                Do they overlap each other.  Does one stop and the other begin?

                I wanted to listn, but I did not.  I had tings to do inside, and in the air-conditioned house, the cricket and cicada counds do not come in.

                I was waiting for Piano Boy to begin his practicing and for Biker Buddy to get out of the shower, so Biker Buddy could listen to Piano boy and I could do my walking.  But Piano boy is very slow about his charoes.  Thursday is garbage night and he had to bury the compost and clean the bird cage.  I waited and waited until I got impatient and annoyed.  I hate it when that happens, but it was getting late and if I don't get back, then I will miss a chapter of Harry Pootter.

                Horrors.

                I should complain.  Biker Buddy was in the shower bcause he spent th whole evening under the car.  His car.  It has a gas leak, like Shark Lady's car did.  Scary.

                The sky is purple, plum, mauve (wat color is mauve?\  It is cloudy and reflecting lights from Detroit..  It is a weird and not altogether pleasant color.

                What I Had for dinner

                I amde myself a weird "dose-dessert," a pancake with straberries insdie it and strawberries over the top.  I made the pancake with whole wheat flour an bran and baking powder and dash of salt and undiluted orange juice and rice milk.  I cut the strawberries up and put about a tablespoon Grand Mariner and a little undiluted frozen OJ on them.  The pancake came out custardy and the whole thing was quite delicious, but since I made it like I usually do, by guess and by gosh, I not only can't fully explain it, I probaly can't do it agin.  But boy was is good. 



--
I am certain of nothing but the Heart's affections and the truth of the Imagination- John Keats
Mary

No comments: