Wednesday, October 04, 2006

061003 Walk Radisson, unedited (sorry about the spacebar)

061003 Radisson walk
    LOL,I just saw three cock pheasants running foolishly along the trail, but too quickly forme to capture them "on film" (digital film, as I am noit carrying my film camera.
    The fall colors arelovely!  The drive back from Dodge was beautiful,the drive down too,when itwasn't so hard we couldn't see.  Great fall color, veils of hanging mists, fog overthe rivers andlakes. Lovely.
    It'smuddy here,lots of rain.
    I've got a cold or bad allergies,I often can'ttell which, but itmay be a cold, cause Debbie was complaining of a sore throat.  My nose won't stop running(and I'm not sneezing much, which I wouldbe if it werejustllergies, prolly.)
    I'm tired.  I didn't go to sleep until after 2 AM and was up before 7 and slept poorly and restlessly.  I need a good night's sleep so U cab be more productive. 
    My watch zeroed out and I have NO IDEA howlong I'd walked.  4-7 minutes?  Dunno.
    The fall color is beautiful but is nowhere photogenic.  It all looks messy and dark (dark lighting.)
    That reminds me of the dark matter comment someone made.  I cannot remember thecontext, but they called in during a show on NPR and said that scientists have postulated the existence ofdarkmatter.  It has to exist in order for the universe to function as they think it does.  But no one has seen itor been able inany wayto prove it.  And what about God, the caller asked.  I thought he haad a valid point, whatabout God?
    I believe that God existsin a different part of reality thanthephenomenal world.  God exists in the spiritual world.  The spiritualworld has its own laws,it doesn't necessarily follow what we would consider normal physical laws.
    A frog or something peeps right beside me, loud, and repeating, until I shiftto try ad see it. There is goes again,two songs,a peep and a trill.  It's very close,but I still can't seeit,and there areothers.  Guess I can't really afford the time to look.  Who is it?  A woodfrog, a peeper,a toad.
    I'm having asthma.  There are mean little mosquiotes.  My nose is running.  Something bangsin the woods. Loud, then a gunshot!
    I thinkabout those little Amish girls murdered and feel so sad, and the teens raped and murdered.
    I just sawa deer and then three more, the flags of theirtails bright inthe low light.  boundingaway.  I do have my long lenson,butI juststood and watched.
    Even though I am very tired and have a cold and asthma and my nose is running,sofar, my fibromylagia has been pretty good, better than it ever is in Detroit.  I hopewhenIImove there, Iw on'tbe sick.  Or die.
    In spite ofthe fact thatit doesn't seemphotogenic out here today, it does seem gorgeous,stunningly beautiful and melancholic.Thegoldenrod is fading, butthe New England aandcalicoasters are brilliant and the redleaves of blackberry bushesand the yellowleaves of dogbane and milkweed and the brilliant reds ofredmaples and the yellows of aspens,allsomewhat muted by the lighting except the white asters,but stilldarklyvisid.  Common evening primroseand the vast twitteringsof a mobof blackbirds.   The birds are flocked up for migration. 
    I gotta start back, Iwas looking atthe soapwort/buncing bet, its delicate lavender againt the brilliant saturated yellow of a still florescent goldenrod and neglected to noticethat I'dpassed the halfway turn point.  And Iam trying really hard to stick tomyschedule even though once Imove, I won'tbe able to walk here any more.  WAHN!  ;-(*
    I hope instead tomakelost ofprogress onmy novels and poetry manuscripts.  I still need to walkeveryday,though,and walkingon Moran just doesn'tdo itfor me. WAHN.
    I stopped mywatch at 27:27.  Inadvertantly.
    Stopped to take a shot of redblackberry leaves, even though with this lighting it probablywon't comeout well.
I turn away from the light, pull the covers
in a tent over my head, try to retreat
agian into the good soft light of dreams.
    The sunemerges through a crack in the clouds and an orangehoneylightspills over the landsape, thin,wan and unbelievable, but real.  I consider a picture, turn off the autowhite balance,butalreadythe light is gone again.
    The clouds arecoloring up,pinknow around the edges of the grey.
    I stop mywatchtolook at somesort of large curcubitaceae (sp?), pumpkin or squash or hybrid.  There is onenearly ripe,ornagelike apumpkin andlarge but teardrop shaped.  I'msure itwouldmake a good decoration orpie--and there arelotsof them.  But I amnot carrying a daypack.  Maybe I cancome back and get one anopther day, if Ihaven'tmoved to Detroit.  Itremindsmeof thetime Iwalked outbehind The Nottinghamretirement community before aT'ai Chi class and found a batch of pumpkins in theircompost, tons of huge ones,carried oneback balancedonmyhead and wrote a poem about it.  Butthatwas a while agao, I wasn't as tired then, anditwas abettershape tobalance and Iwasn't carryingcamera gear and iwasn't as far away.
    I zeroedoutthewatch again when I stopped, the watch is faulty, but I knowwhat it said, 35.
    I've walked 5moreminutes sincethen,justwritingabout it, and I amnot going to make itback tothe carin 5 more,darnit. But I knew thatanyway,because I'dzeroedout mywatch earlier and thenaccidentallywalked a little extra.  I'mnottaking too manypictures because the light's so bad, butI did takea few.
    I need to get out earlier atleastsometimes.
    A truck just came down theroad towardme andeven thoughI'vebeen heremanytimes without a problem,I started feelingnervousbecause it's getting dark and all those recent murders andme alonehere. Butthey tured towardthe dumpinggrounds for grass,leaves and clippings andI hope I can getout before thecomeback. Prolly perfectly innocent people, but still.
    I'm redoubling myefforts to hurry and themeanlittle mosquitoes areredoubling their efforts to suckmedry.
    6:33 Iamback at the car, Iwalked53minutes plus whatever Iwalkedbefore the watch zeroed out thefirsttime. Thetrucknevercameback. It's a one-wayroad,so hehadto come back,Imeanadeadend.  Someoneisworking ontheircarright here,hope theyaren'tdraining oil out ontothe ground!

No comments: